Friday, June 26, 2009

Do You See What I See?

I randomly caught an infomercial for Kidz Bop 16 last night. I've never really paid attention to just how ridiculous this concept really is. Not only is Kidz Bop hilarious because these kids have absolutely no vocal talent, but also because it is completely unnecessary. They choose all songs that are pretty much kid friendly already and compress them into pre-teen chants that all end up sounding exactly alike.

The above leads me to question who would produce such a putrid series of musical plagiarism. And furthermore who continues to listen to this stuff? Something tells me it's not kids. Have any of y'all ever owned a Kidz Bop album or know someone that does?

p.s. Here's the tracklist to the newest Kidz Bop album, I wonder if Kanye knows they're doing this.

2 comments:

HeyHeyItsPey said...

I have always hated Kidz Bop and the "Now That's What I Call Music...", which always includes the musically involved songs ever.

HeyHeyItsPey said...

Ok, so I went to the KB website and all of the song demos sounds like those annoying ringtones that you see on television at like 2 in the morning.