Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lo Light 12: MJ Edition

There's a new 12 up on the playlist so that y'all can blatantly ignore my musical taste a little bit more. This time it's dedicated to the King of MUSIC. I know everyone is on their MJ binge these days, which is cool... better late than never. But I challenge you to really listen to the instrumentation, production, and overall attention to detail Mike had. There were no samples, no MPC's, no nothing. Just raw music. He had bands and musicians practice for weeks before they went into the studio so that they recorded all of the sounds live... and all his sounds are crisp as hell. He knew how to manipulate his records so that they sounded good on radio, on records, on CD... EVERYTHING!


I know that in this day and age (especially me) we throw around the word "superstar" and "genius" for anything that raises our eyebrows. But this man was a true genius. If I had time I'd go to the dictionary and find a bigger word to describe how colossal (yea, I guess that works) of a superstar he was. R.I.P. to the best that ever did it.

p.s. I tried to not use a lot of his #1 songs because those are the ones being played all over the airwaves now. But even when I tried, I STILL had to throw 4 songs that were #1 on the billboard charts on there. Can you guess which 4?

No comments: