Wednesday, July 22, 2009

D.O.F.Z.

Excuse my absence. I had some living to do, but I'm back with a vengeance! First off, allow me and the folks at G.O.O.D. music to impart our views on a phenomena that has plagued men and women alike for years. . . The Friend Zone. It masks itself as the doorway to the ever elusive bedroom boom, but over time, one realizes that it is nothing more than an eternal purgatory that leads to a heap of misplaced anxiety.


Now I'm all for having friends of the opposite sex, especially attractive ones. But if you KNOW you're feeling somebody, don't allow yourself to slip into the halls of uncertainty. . . 'cuz it sucks . . . and if a person knows they got you in the friend zone, I can't really feel sorry for what may happen to you. So, figure out what it's gon' be and take it from there. Here's to the death of the friend zone: may your pit of deceit catch the clap.
"I'mma need you to turn the lights down/ Whatever gon' happen, gon' happen right now!" -Kanye West
Hit the jump to see another G.O.O.D. man's view on this dilemma in the form of spoken word. (My favorite episode of Def Poetry Slam).
BRING BACK DEF POETRY JAM!!!!

No comments: