Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lo Light 12: Extended Funk


I wanted to switch it up a little bit with this one. I tried to give it a very cohesive sound and I think I got it. Started out with about 50 songs and did my best to get it down to 12... too hard this time, especially with what I was trying to do so you get a few more this go around. I was very specific about which songs I picked and sequenced it as if it were my album. I made sure that it was short enough to fit on an audio CD, so please Please PLEASE listen to it at least once. You know you want to. These playlists represent me at any given moment. Put it on in the background and vibe out while you're online.


Also, I spent a lot of time deciding the order of the songs because I wanted it to tell a story. I'm not gonna say what that story is because I don't know if you really care like that. But if you do... post a comment and I'll break it down like next week or something. Try to figure it out tho. See how my brain works. I wanna hear what you think about it.

Damn music is great ain't it? Just got back from the studio (more on that later... maybe) and there's really nothing like being around music as it's created or just connecting with a record on a personal level. Oh and since my "mix cd's" have become somewhat of legend amongst certain circles (LoL?). I decided to make the playlist available for download. I'm giving y'all so much good music today. YOU'RE WELCOME!

1 comment:

Jas said...

Nice selection of songs. I have yet to listen to it all the way through in order (my computer and I are beefing) so I haven't really pieced the story together yet. I'll be checking for that explanation in the future.